JOB DESCRIPTION – BOOKKEEPER
Please send all applications including cover letter/email and CV to:
Position: Part time
Hours: 30+ hours a week
Salary: To be agreed
This forward thinking firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers is looking to recruit a bookkeeper to join their successful outsourcing team, providing real time bookkeeping and payroll services to clients across many sectors, using Xero and Sage Payroll.
The individual needs to have good communication, time management and organisational skills as they will be dealing with a small portfolio of clients who use Xero cloud accounting software.
Role and Responsibilities
- Daily inputting and management of supplier invoices via Dext;
- Daily inputting and reconciling of transactions in Xero;
- Constant client contact to ensure that transactions are up to date daily and bookkeeping is in real time;
- Credit control procedures for clients;
- Preparation of weekly and monthly payroll for clients;
- Providing client training on Xero and Dext to maximise efficiencies from the technology;
- Preparation, review and completion of VAT Returns;
- Preparation, review and completion of CIS Returns;
- Receive telephone calls, send emails and prepare letters;
- Use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Xero, Dext and Sage payroll;
- File and scan documents both manually and on computer software including internal record systems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 or above.
- Previous bookkeeping experience, in particular use of Xero and Dext would be advantageous;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Numeracy skills – to the extent of being able to spot mistakes and show attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to complete tasks fully and on time;
- Good verbal communication, listening skills and confidence using the telephone;
- Motivated, reliable and responsible, able to work on own initiative as necessary;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a real empathy for people and a desire to help them;
- Able to work effectively within a team and develop positive relationships with colleagues, service users and other professionals;
- Willing to undertake training and development appropriate for the role;
- Tidy appearance, approachable and friendly.
- Commitment to valuing equality and diversity and understanding of how this applies to own area of work;
- An ability to deal with all levels of people in a warm and friendly manner;
- A willingness to share thoughts and ideas where improvements and efficiencies may be possible;
- A general positive and “can do” attitude to work and to helping others.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.