Tax and finance updates
Every day brings news of changes to tax law or government policy, or the emergence of facts and figures with implications for British businesses and individuals. Our daily news feed helps our clients keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on, with comment and insight from industry figures, government officials and trade bodies.
- HMRC’s fraud hotline received over 10,000 reports.
- The FSB suggests lowering employer NICs.
- Changes to the job support scheme and SEISS.
- The new state pension is set to increase to £179.60.
- The Government is expected to have spent £4.9 billion on CJRS.
- Scheme could create "unreasonable" costs for businesses.
- Government reveals “time is running out” campaign.
- Employees can receive £6 a week to cover additional costs.
- Grant applications close on 19 October 2020.
- Up to four million women in their 50s are affected.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.