Tax and finance updates
Every day brings news of changes to tax law or government policy, or the emergence of facts and figures with implications for British businesses and individuals. Our daily news feed helps our clients keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on, with comment and insight from industry figures, government officials and trade bodies.
- 184,000 more payrolled employees in December 2021.
- Holiday let owners must prove holidaymakers are renting.
- November 2021 UK GDP estimate up 0.7% on February 2020.
- Pots valued £100 or less to be exempt from flat fees.
- Survey suggests 24% of individuals are “very concerned”.
- Tax would be forced if developers fail to fund cladding fix.
- Rules apply to all VAT-registered firms from April.
- Shoppers limited their in-store trips to avoid COVID variant.
- Interest remains payable from 1 February 2022.
- 2,828 taxpayers filed on Christmas Day 2021.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.