Tax and finance updates
Every day brings news of changes to tax law or government policy, or the emergence of facts and figures with implications for British businesses and individuals. Our daily news feed helps our clients keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on, with comment and insight from industry figures, government officials and trade bodies.
- Calls for new road pricing system to replace fuel duty.
- Britons’ savings down in July but above expectations
- HMRC considers bringing in a new residential property developers’ tax.
- Plans to be written into Finance Bill 2022 and take effect from April 2028.
- Care costs become unaffordable for some pensioners.
- A tax hike could generate £14bn a year.
- Hertfordshire pays more IHT than Northern Ireland and Wales combined.
- New fuel rates from 1 September 2021 onwards.
- Millions may have a forgotten account they can still use.
- British expat numbers in Portugal swell post-Brexit.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.