Tax and finance updates
Every day brings news of changes to tax law or government policy, or the emergence of facts and figures with implications for British businesses and individuals. Our daily news feed helps our clients keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on, with comment and insight from industry figures, government officials and trade bodies.
- The cash boost will be made available from 31 July 2021.
- Around four million UK workers were furloughed at the end of December.
- Around 15% of businesses are at “great risk” of imminent closure
- Employees’ salaries currently attract more in tax than self-employed individuals.
- Unemployment increased to 5% in the three months to November 2020.
- Fines to kick in after 28 February 2021.
- The proportion of borrowing £1,000 or more increased to 45%.
- Taxpayers could face fines totalling to £250 million.
- 50,000 small firms close every year due to late payments.
- Self-assessment taxpayers can spread payments over up to 12 months.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.