Tax and finance updates
Every day brings news of changes to tax law or government policy, or the emergence of facts and figures with implications for British businesses and individuals. Our daily news feed helps our clients keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on, with comment and insight from industry figures, government officials and trade bodies.
- ABI calls for age to rise from 55 to 57.
- Self-employed ‘face bleak later years’ due to lack of products.
- HMRC continues to rake in record sums of inheritance tax.
- Up to 3,000 annual claims made through IHT38 forms.
- Rising automation ‘a risk to young workers’.
- The average funeral cost £4,721 in 2018.
- Most savers question if they’re saving enough.
- Decision expected by mid-November.
- 1 in 4 firms 'plan to revise down business investment'.
- Controversial tax rules could be set for reform, subject to political change.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.