HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is reminding Self-Assessment tax payers to declare any Covid-19 grant payments on their 2020 to 2021 Tax Return.
These grants are taxable, and you should declare them on your 2020 to 2021 Tax Return before the deadline on 31 January 2022.
The Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS) application and payment windows during the 2020 to 2021 tax year were:
- SEISS 1: 13 May 2020 to 13 July 2020
- SEISS 2: 17 August 2020 to 19 October 2020
- SEISS 3: 29 November 2020 to 29 January 2021
SEISS is not the only Covid-19 support scheme that tax payers should declare on their Tax Return. If you received other support payments during Covid-19, you may need to report this on your Tax Return if you are:
- in a partnership
- a business
You need to report grants and payments from the following Covid-19 support schemes:
- the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- test and trace or self-isolation payments in England, Scotland and Wales
- the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate
- Coronavirus Business Support Grants
For information on reporting Coronavirus (Covid-19) grants and support payments see: Reporting Coronavirus (Covid-19) grants and support payments – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).