Tax and finance updates
Every day brings news of changes to tax law or government policy, or the emergence of facts and figures with implications for British businesses and individuals. Our daily news feed helps our clients keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on, with comment and insight from industry figures, government officials and trade bodies.
- Expenditure on R&D as percentage of GDP trails behind target.
- Trade bodies demand temporary rate be made permanent.
- Around 1m people were still furloughed.
- Employees could benefit in the short-term.
- Government relaxes triple-lock rules due to distortions caused by the pandemic.
- HMRC postpones MTD ITSA and basis period reforms after listening to concerns.
- Opposition would increase digital services tax to fund the move.
- Monthly borrowing remains above pre-pandemic levels.
- Basis period reform also delayed to at least 2024.
- New paper stops short of recommending tax year change.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.