Tax and finance updates
Every day brings news of changes to tax law or government policy, or the emergence of facts and figures with implications for British businesses and individuals. Our daily news feed helps our clients keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on, with comment and insight from industry figures, government officials and trade bodies.
- 500,000 referrals from the public offered fraudulent tax rebates.
- HMRC revealed potential designs of its MTD for the corporation tax system.
- Small businesses face a “hugely difficult” winter.
- 4,359 applications were received from employers across Great Britain.
- COVID-19 crisis leaves the sector at 4.53 million self-employed individuals.
- £14 billion could be raised by doubling rates and cutting exemptions.
- Borrowers’ support extends as the coronavirus crisis deepens.
- CJRS and the SEISS extended with England in second lockdown.
- Take-up of the scheme was “larger than expected”.
- ONS reported a 4.8% increase for the three months to September.
What we can do for you
Find out more about the full range of business and tax advisory services Horsfield & Smith offers to businesses and individuals across Greater Manchester and the North West of England and see how we can help you achieve your goals for growth.